Have you experienced the frustration of waiting and waiting for an important email only to later find it in your junk or spam folder? We will show you a quick and easy way to help ensure that you get the important messages that you are waiting for.
As a Vitality Advocates member, we want to make sure that you are able to receive our important support emails as well as keep you in the loop about your website updates and training . In addition, from time to time we will send you a survey to get your important feedback regarding existing features and potential new features.
The following are step-by-step instructions for address book/contact list additions for some of the larger email service providers you might be using. You can use the same steps to ensure you receive your expected emails from all of your safe senders.
Email Whitelist / Safe Sender Instructions
[su_spoiler title=”Outlook 2003 (or higher)” style=”fancy”]
Because of the various email platforms that work with Outlook, it is tricky to tell you how to receive all email to your Outlook inbox.
To add sender to address book:
- Open our email
- Right click on the “From“ address
- Choose “Add to contacts” option
Here’s how to make sure you can see our emails as they were intended to be seen – with images. If a contact is not in your address book or “Safe Sender” list, the images will not display.
To ensure HTML images display correctly, you can:
- Change your automatic download settings
- Add us to your address book
- Add our domain vitalityadvocates.com to your approved sender list
- Add [email protected] and [email protected] to your approved sender list
[su_spoiler title=”Gmail” style=”fancy”]
To make sure email gets delivered to your inbox, you must add [email protected] and [email protected] to your contacts address list. If you are using a folder or Priority Inbox system, make sure that our emails are in the “important” category. You should review your spam, junk and “Everything Else” folders to make sure our emails are not inadvertently sent there.
If you already have an email from us, here’s the easiest way to make sure we’re added to your contact list:
- Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- Click the “Add us to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
If you do not have an email from us, you need to manually add our email addresses directly to your contact address book
If you find a message wrongly classified as spam, you can unmark the message. Just select the message, and click the Not Spam button that appears at the top and bottom of your current view. Unmarking a message will automatically move it to your inbox.
If you find that some senders’ messages are consistently being mislabeled as spam, you can prevent this by creating a filter so the messages are never sent to Spam.
Gmail helps you label important emails. Here’s more info: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/186543?hl=en
Click Here to find even more information on setting up your “Priority Inbox”.
[su_spoiler title=”Yahoo! Mail” style=”fancy”]
If you’re not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain email addresses to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery
Report as “Not Spam”
- Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- If you see the email from us, highlight it and click “Not Spam”
- This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
- Click “Options” in the top right navigation bar
- Select “Mail Options” from the list that drops down
- Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, “header” or “to”.
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as “contains”
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: from [email protected] and [email protected]
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
[su_spoiler title=”Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSN” style=”fancy”]
In the new Hotmail you must “Mark sender as safe” to enable hyperlinks even in text emails and images in HTML emails. Simply entering [email protected] and [email protected] into your address book or contacts will no longer whitelist us.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of the following:
- Check the “Junk” folder if you do not see an email from us in your inbox
- Click the “Mark as safe” link
- Add [email protected] and [email protected] to your Safe List
Mark Sender as Safe
- Click “Show content” to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML
- Click “Mark as safe”
- Our email address will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
Manually Add to Safe List
- Click “Options” in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen
- In the Body of the page under “Junk e-mail” click the link “Safe and blocked senders”
- Click the link “Safe senders”
- Enter “[email protected]”
- Click “Add to list
[su_spoiler title=”Earthlink” style=”fancy”]
To make sure you receive email with Earthlink, there are two actions you can take.
With Earthlink, if you have SpamBlocker turned on, suspect messages are automatically sent to your Suspect Email folder if the email address is not in your address book.
Suspect Email Folder
- While in the “Suspect Email” folder, if you see an email from us…from either “info” or “support” do the following
- Select the “Move to Inbox and Add Contact” option from the pull down menu.
- This will add [email protected] to your Address Book for future email delivery assurance.
Address Book Inclusion
- Open an email from us.
- Click “Add to Address Book” in the email header.
- Use the “Address Book Editor” to verify our contact details and click “save.”
- Fill in [email protected] as the email address of the sender.
- Any mail sent with the same domain (right of the “@” sign) will now be delivered to your Inbox.
[su_spoiler title=”Comcast” style=”fancy”]
- Click on the “Save Address” link at the top of a message from us (it’s next to the From Address).
- For the field titled First Name, please enter our contacts details
- Then click Save Entry and you’re all done.
[su_spoiler title=”Mozilla Thunderbird” style=”fancy”]
- Click the Address Book button
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address and Other
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the “From” address, [email protected], into the email dialogue box
- Click OK
[su_spoiler title=”AOL” style=”fancy”]
To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add our email address to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- Click the “Spam Controls” link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
- When the “Mail & Spam Controls” box appears, click the “Custom sender list” link.
- Choose the “allow email from [email protected]talityadvocates.com” option.
- Add [email protected] then click “Add”
- Click “Save”
[su_spoiler title=”AOL Web Mail” style=”fancy”]
If using AOL web mail, replying to an email from us will automatically make sure email from our address will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
[su_spoiler title=”Email Whitelisting at a Corporate Office” style=”fancy”]
If you receive emails at a company, your company will need to whitelist our dedicated Internet Protocol (IP) address. Please contact your IT department and ask them to whitelist the address.
Download printable: Email Whitelist / Safe Sender Instructions .pdf
Published in Tags: junk mail safe sender spam